‘Everything works best when it’s in the right place’
The old saying goes ‘Everything works best when it’s in the right place’. When your feet are correctly aligned and functioning as nature intended the incredible power of your body’s restoration system can work its magic. This allows you to naturally heal your foot pain problem. In most cases without specialised shoes, orthotic insoles, medication or surgery.
Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) is a gentle hands-on manual therapy treatment that works naturally and holistically with your body. It stimulates your body’s ability to repair and restore itself. This helps to reduce pain and inflammation while restoring foot mobility, function and posture. And it treats the source of your pain, rather than just the symptoms of the pain you’re experiencing.
What does your Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) practitioner do in treatment session?
During each appointment at the Foot & Leg Centre, your highly skilled practitioner checks, assesses and, where required, applies a corrective manual therapy treatment to your feet and legs. Every bone, every joint, every tissue in your feet is affected by every treatment you have. No other modality in the health profession addresses foot function as comprehensively and uniquely as Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT).
Every Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) treatment is like giving your feet a power boost! The effects can last for days, weeks, even months! Each treatment stretches, strengthens and stabilises your body’s very foundations. Your body’s healing mechanisms get powerfully switch on.
Regular treatment has an accumulative effect.
Your body is able to build on the input it receives each time you have your Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) treatment. The regularity of treatment makes the healing process increase exponentially.
Initially, Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) treatment is performed at more frequent intervals and extends out as your mobility improves and you return to normal activity levels. Once the initial treatment has been completed, a maintenance routine of 2-6 visits a year help’s your body to maintain good foot function and posture by being able to cope with everyday stresses of life.
Here are some of the benefits you will receive with each Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) treatment:
- Gentle release of connective tissue restrictions.
- Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) helps break up adhesions that prevent joint mobility operating at its best.
- Improvement in the quality of movement in your joints as they become more mobile.
- By stimulating the production of synovial fluid your joints are effectively getting a grease and oil change with every treatment.
- Better Balance
- As your base of support becomes more stable this promotes the body’s balancing system (proprioception) improving your balance and coordination.
- Muscles surrounding the joints becoming stronger.
- Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) revitalises the nerve messages from the brain to the muscles involved and when combined with your prescribed foot exercises build muscle strength.
- Pain messages are reduced.
- This is achieved by stimulating the mechanoreceptors of the joint and preventing the Type IV nociceptor impulses.
To support your Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) treatments your practitioner will prescribe specific exercises focused on strengthening, stretching and proprioception. These corrective exercises ensure that changes made during your treatment are long lasting.
Foot Mobilisation Therapy treatment (FMT) is a powerful way to address structural and mechanical problems of the feet and legs. There is no better way than resolving your foot pain naturally without specialised shoes, orthotic insoles, medication or surgery.
CLICK HERE to book your no-obligation assessment today.
More blog posts…