What is Foot Mobilisation Therapy?
Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) is a very gentle ‘hands-on’ treatment that improves the mobility, function and posture of your feet.
Treat the cause of your pain, not just the symptoms!
By treating the underlying cause of your pain and not just the symptoms we can work with your body, to support it in repairing itself naturally.
That’s why you typically don’t require specialised shoes, orthotic insoles, medication or surgery with Foot Mobilisation Therapy. In addition FMT can give you the freedom to wear the shoes that you love, do the activities you enjoy and have a better quality of life.
Also, the practice of Foot Mobilisation Therapy is recognised and certified by the Australian Podiatry Council and the Podiatry Registration Boards.
What can Foot Mobilisation Therapy treat?
- Heel Pain / Plantar Fasciopathy (Plantar Fasciitis) / Heel Spurs
- Ankle sprains and instability
- Arch pain and aching feet
- Claw, mallet, retracted and hammer toes
- Morton’s neuroma
- Cuboid syndrome
- Flat feet (excessive pronation)
- High arched feet
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Stiff joints in the feet
- Shin pain and shin splints
- and much more…
Your highly skilled practitioners check, assess and apply a corrective mobilisation to your feet and legs where required. This helps your tissues adapt to their correct position by breaking down old patterns and establishing new ones.
A simple maintenance routine of 4-6 visits a year helps your body to maintain the good foot function and posture. This allows you to cope with the everyday stresses of life and maintain your outcomes.
Incorporating strengthening, stretching and proprioception exercises (Corrective Exercises) ensures that the changes made are long lasting.
At the Foot & Leg Centre we work gently with your body. We use its natural healing ability to produce results. Every time you receive a foot mobilisation treatment, you will experience:
- The joints becoming more mobile.
- Treatment breaks up the restrictions around joints and within tissue allowing more joint movement.
- Your posture becomes more stable.
- This is achieved by encouraging the body’s balancing system to function more effectively.
- Muscles surrounding the joints becoming stronger.
- By stimulating the nerve messages from the brain to the muscles, the muscles can become stronger.
- Pain messages are reduced.
- FMT reduces the firing of Type IV nociceptor (pain receptors) decreasing the feeling of pain.
Foot Mobilisation Therapy is one of the most effective ways to treat the cause of your foot pain problems and make changes for the long term!
At the Foot & Leg Centre, we have specialised in Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) in Adelaide since 2002. If you’re not getting results, reach out and we’ll help you.